I suggest you ...

Content: Different wireframing tools

Analysis of different wireframing tools including major pros and cons. Not sketching necessarily, but mostly electronic forms like: Axure, Illustrator, InDesign, Gliffy, LovelyCharts, Photoshop, etc.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Noah LevinNoah Levin shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael WaddellMichael Waddell commented  · 

I have been looking into a number of different wireframing tools out there (wow, there are a lot!). What I haven't yet found (and what I would love to see on wireframes magazine) is a ranking of each of the wireframing tools based on different use cases.

For example:

Use case 1: Quickly mock-up a set of 3 static/non-interactive pages which share a common header/footer/navigation/menu with different text/image content in each. (Note any with a seemingly high learning curve.)
        Winner = ToolX (7 minutes from creating account to completed mockup)
        Second = ToolY (8.4 minutes)
        etc.

Use case 2: Mocking up a complex, interactive page that has accordion-style menuing, tool-tips, modal popups, etc.

Use case 3: Collaborating with other members of a team on a single UI

Use case 4: Exporting a set of mocked-up pages to html/css/javascript as a starting-point for developers
        (Note: criteria should include how "complete" the export (if anything is lost in translation), how clean/commented the resulting code is, if button event-handlers are included as skeleton code, which library (jquery,mootools, etc - or homegrown) is used for the javascript code that is generated.)

Use case 5: Exporting autogenerated documentation about the UI for clients (if supported)

Use case 6: Monitoring usage analytics on the prototype as test users click through (if supported)

Use case... (etc)

Feedback and Knowledge Base